PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
I’m grateful you are visiting Karen M Cox, Author, and I want you to know I respect and value your privacy.
1. What Information Is Collected Here?
You can also be assured that your personal information will never be sold, exchanged, transferred, or given to any other company or individual by me as the author of this site for any reason whatsoever.
Newsletter: I use MailChimp to distribute my News and Muse Letter, which is sent monthly and when there is a special announcement. When a visitor signs up for News and Muse Letter, his/her first and last name (although this is optional), email address and IP address are collected for the purposes of distributing the newsletter. I download a member list when needed for purposes of complying with regulations like the GDPR and store the file on my secure, private computer. After I do not need this information anymore, I delete it.
I, as the author of the newsletter, don’t sell or give my newsletter members’ names, email addresses or IP addresses to anyone. Members can unsubscribe at any time by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the newsletter (although I would miss you if you left!)
When You Leave a Comment Here:
Name and email address are collected—entered by you when you leave a comment. IP address is also collected. I, as the author of this site, do not share this information.
2. What is Your Information Used For?
Your information is used by me only as necessary, in one of the following ways:
- to communicate with you when you have questions about my books or the newsletter, or at your request
- to send you your member newsletters, and other information emails at your request (you can unsubscribe from these publications at any time)
- to improve services (I am constantly striving to improve this website and other offerings in response to feedback and information gleaned from web analytics)
3. What About Giveaways? If you win a giveaway, I will ask for your name, email address or mailing address (depending on the delivery method of the giveaway prize) for the sole purpose of delivering the giveaway prize to you. Once I know you’ve received it, I destroy that information.
4. What About Any Sites Linked To By This Page?
Though I do at all times make full effort to protect the integrity of all linked websites, I cannot accept responsibility or liability for the content or activities of linked sites.
These individuals or companies have their own independent privacy and cookies policies, which you need to check separately.
5. Your Age
This website and services are targeted to people over the age of 17. If I have reason to believe that I hold personal data of a person 17 years or under, I will delete it.
6. Your Consent
7. Further Questions
General questions about handling of data privacy are answered by this EU guide to the individual’s right to general data protection: https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation-gdpr/individual-rights/